IF4™ CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
2021 Filmmaker Submission Invitation
The International Fly Fishing Film Festival® is calling all filmmakers, amateur and professionals alike, to submit entries to the 2021 International Fly Fishing Film Festival®. The top submissions will be screened at all screenings around the globe and audiences at each screening will vote for their favourite submissions. What are we handing out this year? Up for grabs for 2021 is cash prizes and production contract(s) allocations in excess of $20,000.00!!
Entries are now being accepted within the following 2 categories:
Feature Film Category: For films 10 to 15 minutes long
Featuring a fly-fishing context, including adventure, travel, humour, conservation, profiles and the like. Please note purely “how-to” fly-fishing films are not appropriate for the film fest environment.
Short Film Category: For Films 5-9 minutes long
Featuring a fly-fishing context, including adventure, travel, humour, conservation, profiles, stores and the like. Please note purely “how-to” fly-fishing films are not appropriate for the film fest environment.
- All submissions must be made by their respectful, legal owner(s) / agents who have the right to submit all content within the submission, including royalty-free rights to all footage, graphics and music tracks within the submission. There are no exceptions to these conditions.
- All submissions must be received no later than 11:00pm EST October 2, 2020, including all required materials. Submissions arriving after the deadline and/or submissions missing elements will not be eligible.
- All submission packages must include: film file, trailer file (up to 2 min), 2 short (10 – 15 seconds) videos, 15 high-res promotional film images, film synopsis (3 – 5 sentences), film title and all licensing paperwork (i.e. music, footage, graphics).
- Submissions must be in the following accepted formats and must adhere to the technical specifications listed below:
- 1080p30 or 1080p24 H.264 .MP4 or .MOV file.
- Bit rate should be 20-30mbs per second. The higher the better.
- Files must be progressive. Interlaced submissions will not be accepted.
- Files must be in 16:9 or Wide-Screen format. 3:4 or 3:2 videos will not be accepted.
- All audio levels must be normalized for the entire video with nothing peaking over -2db and nothing (that you want audible) below -18db. All dialogue must be understandable if it is laid overtop of background music.
- Submissions may be made by individuals and production companies, as long as such information is properly indicated within the submission form.
- Submissions may contain built-in sponsor logos & branding only within the ending credits, which must be no longer than 20 seconds long.
- Submissions must not contain any illegal / irresponsible or unethical behavior, activities or practices.
- Submissions must not contain any footage, photographs or other visual reference to non-conservation minded or offensive activities or efforts. This is a conservation and family friendly minded film festival.
- Should your film be assigned Official Selection status a festival producer will contact you by email and provide a copy of the International Fly Fishing Film Festival license & usage agreement.
Please send your submission to:
In the email please include a password protected link to your submission, as we do not accept films that have garnered previous exposure. All content must be original and unique to IF4.
Filmmakers whose submissions are selected by the IF4 Film Selections Committee for inclusion in the 2021 International Fly Fishing Film Festival will be notified via email by November 30, 2020.
IF4™ consists of short and feature length films produced by professional filmmakers from all corners of the globe, showcasing the passion, lifestyle and culture of fly-fishing. The films at this popular event are capturing the attention of anglers around the world.